Mmmm…I love hummus. I love hummus without tahini, as I mentioned in a previous post, so there isn’t any in here. I think it just makes the other flavors stand out that much more. This recipe is simple and easy, tastes really good and looks kinda pretty. 🙂 Another one of our favorites (even my kids’). I hope you like it too.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, (if small otherwise 1 large)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 12oz jar roasted red peppers, drained but reserve the liquid (about two peppers)
- 1 15 oz jar garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine olive oil, garlic, lemon juice and seasonings in a blender or food processor.
- Add the roasted bell peppers, reserving 1/4 of one bell pepper to use as a garnish if desired. Dice remaining piece of bell pepper.
- Add can of garbanzo beans to blender reserving about 3 Tablespoons for garnish.
- Blend until smooth, pour into serving dish and top with reserved bell pepper piece and garbanzo beans.
Serve with pita chips, sliced bell peppers or other fresh veggies
Notes: You only need to reserve the liquid from the roasted red peppers until you can see how well your blender/food processor is going to hold up to the amount of food in it. I usually don’t need it and end up tossing it because the moisture already in the bell peppers themselves is enough to get the job done. This is just in case…you be the judge.
Recipe by Life’s Sweet Seasons