If you don’t mind making the Strawberry Rhubarb Compote, which takes about an hour from start to finish, chopping and boiling, then the rest of this parfait is easy. I already had the compote made and in the fridge so this literally took about five minutes for me to whip up a midmorning snack for me and my kiddos. I warned you that I would be posting recipes that use it and here’s the first one.
After I first made this and took my pictures, my sister called me to FaceTime. I got to see and talk to my adorable two-year-old nephew Wyatt, who loves to give me kisses on the phone. Well, it turns out he also likes to pretend to eat my parfaits. I would move my spoon towards the phone to give him a bite while he was on the other end licking the phone!
- vanilla yogurt (plain or Greek)
- strawberry rhubarb compote
- fresh strawberries
- chia seeds (optional)
- Scoop granola in the bottom of a glass.
- Add 1-2 fresh strawberries sliced with 1-2 tablespoons strawberry rhubarb compote. Sprinkle chia seeds on top (about 1 teaspoon.)
- Place vanilla yogurt on top of compote.
- Add two more tablespoons of compote, chia seeds, a sprinkle of granola and fresh strawberries (or one for garnish)
By Life’s Sweet Seasons
Try this recipe for granola if you don’t have some on hand: