This is the last strawberry rhubarb concoction I’ll post for a while. Promise. Or at least the last with the strawberry rhubarb compote that I’ve fallen in love with. I’ve been thinking about making these since before I posted the first strawberry rhubarb recipe, but I wanted to save the best for last because I was so excited about how good they are. I can’t wait to have our first get-together at our new house because I think these would be a huge hit at a summer barbecue.
These little tarts are fairly simple to put together after you do about three main steps. The first step to this delightful summer dessert is to have the Strawberry Rhubarb Compote already made and refrigerated. You can click the link to get that recipe, but it’s easy to make and I would highly recommend making it the day before. The second step is to make the cream cheese mixture. It takes all of three minutes. Finally, you bake pre made pie crusts and then assemble.
I made these the other day and took them outside for the kids and their neighborhood friends to enjoy. They’re somewhat messy in the hands of little ones, but they definitely licked every bit off their fingers! Mike had more than his fair share, but I was just happy that everyone loved them as much as I did! I happened to only have one available pie crust, but this is such an easy recipe to half that it’s not a problem. (Especially if you have so much strawberry rhubarb compote that you don’t know what to do with it 🙂 )
- 1 & 1/2 cup Strawberry Rhubarb Compote
- 8 oz cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tub of Cool Whip
- 2 pie crusts
- fresh strawberries, sliced or fanned
- Make the Strawberry Rhubarb Compote if you don’t already have it on hand. Refrigerate.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and Cool Whip together until smooth. Refrigerate.
- Lay first pie crust flat on a cookie sheet. Use a cookie cutter or top side of a glass to cut out large circles. (When using a cup with a inch diameter I got about seven circles for each pie crust.)
- Use a fork to poke holes in each
- Bake pie crust according to package directions. Allow to cool.
- Spread a layer of the sweet cream mixture on each mini pie/tart.
- Scoop compote on top of cream mixture.
- Top with a generous amount of freshly sliced strawberries.
Notes – makes about 14 mini tarts (using or two large tarts
By Life’s Sweet Seasons
If you like this recipe, you might also want to try: